As we mentioned earlier this week, we don't quite understand all the flurry of activity around buying tons of holiday gifts for your dogs. They can really only play with one toy at a time and we don't go in for all that holiday clothing everyone is so fond of making their dogs wear during the season.
We do, however, know a lot of dog lovers who need holiday gifts. Here's our first round-up of a few items that are to be used by their dogs, but are mostly for the dog-lovers themselves. These items will either save time, expense, messes, or will provide just what the busy dog-lover needs but won't buy for themselves!
- Fetch spill mat, $11 - $21 - We can't tell you how many times we've had to clean up the floor after feeding time! Water, food, all mixed together on our old hardwood floors. Yuck. This lovely mat prevents all that cleaning. A great idea for the pet lover in your life!
- Wagging Dog Bowl Set, $72 - Definitely for the dog - but oh so cute for the owner. Come on - you have to admit these bowls make you laugh. Extra special bowls for extra special dog lovers.
- Grip Tex Boots, $65 - Another one for the dogs, but oh so convenient for their owners. If you've ever taken your dog to the snow, you know what we mean. These boots will save dog-lovers tons of time - no more cleaning urea/salt off their frozen paws or rubbing vaseline on their little pads because the salt on the snow has burned through the skin!
- Rescue Remedy, $20 - Good for you, good for the dog, good for your dog-lover friends. It's been called yoga in a bottle for a reason! Naturally relaxes pets when they travel during the busy holiday season. A relaxed dog means a relaxed owner and a relaxed owner equals a relaxed dog!
- Talking Gingerbread Man, $6 - 25, While this one's a little more for the dog, this talking gingerbread man will provide hours of amusement for any dog-lover. We had to toss in a little holiday cheer!
- Eco-friendly Fleece Mats, $44 - These mats are perfect for car rides, family visits or snuggling on the couch. They are soft and cuddly, but very good at trapping all that dog hair so when the trip is over, there's no hair left behind!